Thursday, November 29, 2007

Tipidy-Toe

I saw the St. Petersburg Russian ballet performance of The Nutcracker tonight. It was interesting to see all the different costumes (except when all guys and girls were dressed entirely in pink...the girls looked like balls of cotton candy and the guys, well, pink just doesn't highlight a guy's masculinity...). I found some of the tricky little leg work quite impressive though. The main character was wearing a beautiful knee-length dress at one point, and when she extended her leg and then let it down, the dress fell beautifully. I was thinking, maybe if I wore a dress like that, it would help me figure out how to dance because I'd want to see it gracefully float back down... ;-)

Another thought: I think they should create a ballet of a table tennis tournament, now that'd be worth seeing!


No comments: