Thursday, August 28, 2008

Exploring More of Krakow...

The last couple days have been great. I spent all of Tuesday hanging out with Cindy and Sarah (who invited me to visit Ukraine, which I will take them up on sometime in the near future). I was going to let them spend time together after we visited the castle, but we were having a good time, so I continued to stick around with them. It was Cindy's birthday on Tuesday, and it was her day to pick everything to do. We had a relaxing day: after the castle, we went to an art museum, a book store, and for dinner.

Yesterday, I decided to spend the day walking around the mall. I felt like doing something completely non-site related, as it was quite warm, and just didn't feel like walking in the heat. I bought a few clothes in H&M (and now will have to figure out how to pack them into my already full bag...), but I'll enjoy the clothes. I really wanted to get a watch from Swatch, but I just couldn't bring myself to spend more money (around 40 euros), even though it wouldn't take up any room since I could wear it. I'm still thinking about it...

In the evening, I went out with three people from the hostel. We were looking for the Jewish Quarters, but after 25 minutes of walking, we ended up discovering that we'd walked in a circle and were back at the castle! We tried again, and then reached the Jewish Quarters and went for a nice Polish dinner and then stopped in a bar for a drink on the way home (I had my favorite: Tatanka - apple juice and polish vodka, which together taste like apple pie!).

Today (Thursday) is a completely relaxing, no schedule day. I woke up when I woke up, no alarm, and am still putzing around the hostel at 10:30... Some days you just feel like doing this... I plan to walk around the whole city where the castle surrounded, stopping to read my book every once in a while, and then I'll meet a couple guys I met from the hostel for dinner. Still taking pictures and will post when I get home. :-)

Oh yeah, and I discovered a shop which sells the best ice cream in the world somewhat near my hostel -- yum, yum!

No comments: