Saturday, September 13, 2008

Is Age Just A Number??

Well, I have to admit, my new boss is quite comical and has a very mischievous streak to him, even if he might not actually follow through with his ideas.

Friday afternoon, Joanne, one of my co-workers and P.A. to the big boss (Joe) handed Brian (my new boss) his stack of business cards. He looked them over and said, "hmm, they're all here, if I were you, I would have taken a handful for yourself - you can have a lot of fun with business cards..." When both Joanne and I looked at him with looks to say, "go on...", he elaborated with being able to post business cards in a bathroom with the heading, "for a good time call.." and all the person's information is contained on the card; or if you're of the same sex as your boss, you can hand out the business cards to other people and pretend you're interested in them, especially effective if you start pretending you're gay while in a gay bar...

There were many other stories he had for the subject of business cards, but I'll move onto a new story, which made me laugh and glare at him at the same time... He was typing up the agenda for the meeting of the powerpoint presentation I just finished, and he typed in that there's something happening (a meeting of some sort) on the 23rd of September. I said, "oh, that's my birthday." He asked how old I will be, and I told him (with an unbelieving sigh at my own age) that I'll be turning 29. A short while later, he was discussing what he wanted me to do for the next project, talking about how he'd like to have a report which contained for one, demographics, such as sex, region, age, etc. He went on to explain a little detail of age, saying that I could create a pie chart and categorize it in such a way that anything from 14-28 could be considered young and anything 29 or older would be considered OLD...!

Anyway, my job is going well, Brian was happy with my effort so far during my first week, and that's good. :-)

No comments: