Sunday, September 7, 2008

There's No Place Like Home

I arrived back in Ireland yesterday, and it feels nice to be home. I know I should be longing for my vacation to continue, but I was actually ready to get home, take a bath, do laundry, etc. There's just no place like home, as Dorothy from the Wizard of Oz says.

On Saturday, I set my alarm early, got ready, ate breakfast, and headed to the airport for my flight that was supposed to take off at 10:40. We weren't allowed onto the shuttle bus until around 11:20. And we further weren't allowed into the air until around 12:45. Thus, we didn't get to Ireland until around 3:30 pm! Well, I'd expected to have the whole of Saturday to get things sorted, read, do laundry, etc., but because of the RyanAir predicament, I decided to extend my vacation until Saturday was completely over. So... I treated myself to a full dinner (appetizer, main course, and dessert), read, and look a lovely bath with aromatic salts and tea-light candles. It was great!

This morning, I spent the day ironing, washing clothes and bed sheets, and reading a little. My goal is to sort through all the photos (both from Peru and from Poland / Prague) to pick out the best ones to share. I will get this done shortly... well, at least I've given myself a deadline of the end of September...

The last days in Prague were nice, I went to the castle, took a tour around old town, and spent time walking around the city. It's quite well preserved, and the architecture is amazing. It's hard to believe that this type of beautiful architecture was designed so long ago! As I said, I'll post pictures soon.

No comments: