Monday, September 8, 2008

Small Steps to Big Change

Yes! Yes, yes, yes, yeeeeessss!! Yes!

Brian and Conor called me into a room to discuss something with me this afternoon, and I'm so excited for the opportunity! There is an executive who is taking on a 10-week project and during this time, since his focus will be on the project, he will need assistance in keeping his current role going. Apparently, Brian and Conor recommended me to do this! I can't wait, and I hope I can be everything and more in fulfilling this role for the next 10 weeks. Who knows what it might lead to... The nice thing is that all the executives are located on the same floor that I currently am on, so I'll merely need to move my PC and telephone. The drawers are on wheels, so that should be easy to just swap by rolling an empty set of drawers over to my old desk and taking mine with me. It all happened so fast this afternoon, but I'm absolutely thrilled. I hope I'm inundated with lots of work and I hope I can do an excellent job in my new role, or as Brian called it: a sabbatical!

I will, however, still make my way over to Dave's desk at lunch time so we can do our daily crossword puzzle together...!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job Lisa. I'm sure you will do a great job there. You have the intelligence and charactor to do whatever you put your mind to.

Arrow

Angelica said...

I know you've been itching to have a more productive role at your work place. So, it's great that you've this new opportunity.