Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Rules, Smules... Who Needs Rules?

I had so much fun at Table Tennis tonight! It started out that as I was walking to the gym, a random passerby from the other side of the street said that I have a nice smile. I guess I must have smiled courteously at the girl who was passing the opposite way as me on the same side as the street, and the guy across the street must have seen (he must eat his carrots so he can see well...!). It was nice to get that compliment, albeit a bit unexpected. Still, I said thank you and kept going toward the gym.

There were only a few of us down to play table tennis tonight, as seems to be the norm during these summer months. After playing my friend from Poland, we all played doubles (us girls each got paired with one of the guys who are much better than us!) and it was a great game, despite the fact that Paul and I lost... (well, you know you love a game when you don't care if you win or lose and you just enjoy playing it!!).

Later that night, after Klaudia left, Alan and I had a knock back and forth. I think we both get a bit silly towards the end of the night, and tonight was no exception. He began serving two balls at once at me, or one right after the other, so I decided I would start teaching him some Table Tennis rules, Lisa-Style! He caught on quickly, and soon was also making up rules as well. We laughed so much and had a really great time with the game...!

No comments: