Friday, April 25, 2008

Ahhhhh.... Deep Breaths

Hello all... Here's today's entry!

1. I got myself up early today to take care of something this morning and enjoyed a lovely morning walk along the quays (pronounced "keys", and means along the waterfront). The sun hadn't quite woken up (despite it being overcast) and there weren't that many people roaming the sidewalks or cars zooming along the roads. It just felt serene and peaceful, for a city.

2. I noticed gorgeous, bright yellow, purple, pink, and white flowers in the gardens of a few houses tonight on my way to the gym. I hadn't noticed them before -- I think they were extra beautiful because we had a lovely day today and they had the chance to come alive and show themselves to the world.

3. I had a good, hard workout tonight and I'm still drawing in deep breaths to try and catch up with myself nearly an hour later! I was able to push myself through (well, with a couple pauses for drinks from my water bottle) and I was able to keep a constant speed, which I always try to do but end up dipping down below a steady speed every once in a while. I'm happy to be able to say that although I dipped down a little bit two or three times, it was very short-lived and I picked up the speed quickly again and easily.

No comments: