Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Good Friends Make Life Nice

My three happy times for today...

1. This morning I had a peaceful breakfast (oatmeal with brown sugar, almonds, and flax seed), which was delicious and I had time to read a chapter in my book, The God Delusion (by Richard Dawkins). It's always nice to be able to start the day off slowly, without rushing.

2. After work, I met Sonja, as she wanted someone to be a witness when she handed over her keys to the house she just left. We had Quiznos on the bus ride to her old house and the evening was full of pleasant conversations. Afterwards, we had a coffee and shared a tiramisu in a little Italian restaurant. We hadn't seen each other in so long, so it was great to catch up and I was thrilled to see that she's a lot less stressed than before.

3. When Sonja and I were leaving her old house and walking down to the bus stop, it was becoming dusk, and there was a beautiful sunset out on the sea and on the town of Howth across the sea. The houses and hills were illuminated and the water sparkled with the little light that was left to shine down upon it. Tranquil...

No comments: