Thursday, May 1, 2008

Today in Numbers

Let's see, three things that made me happy today...

1. I went into town tonight and found my perfume in Arnotts (which I bought via eBay, but which I won't see until October when my mom brings it over with her) and I gave myself a little spray on my wrists. Throughout the rest of the evening, I was having a nice time taking in the scent of it. The perfume is by Hugo Boss and is called Femme. It has a slight freesia scent to it, which is the body spray that I usually like to wear.

2. Today at work, I was able to contribute and make what my boss' was doing a tad bit easier! We have a new program at work that will output reports to monitor how the models the guys build are performing. I'm helping to set up the reports that will extract the information and output the results. Today I spent half the day setting up the filters to pull certain categories of mortgage information. It so happened that my boss was also working with another aspect of mortgages, and because I had already created these filters, he was able to take what I had and work with them to test his theory. It saved him a few hours of work, especially since I had them already balancing to the correct figures. I was glad to be able to share my work and make his progress faster!

3. Tonight there was a meeting for the organization that I volunteer with (CASA), and it went fine, though not many showed up (less than 10). Afterwards, Rebecca, the organizer had promised that we would have a drink and chat for a short while. I stayed for this even though it's hard for me to socialize. It ended up being pleasant, even moreso when it was down to just four of us, and conversation can more easily flow between people (however, next time I'll have to try to join in more and think of things to say...). Still, I was happy I stayed.

No comments: