Saturday, May 3, 2008

Sundog

Gratitude is essential to happiness, here are my three happy thoughts for today...

1. I met my friend and co-worker, Tatum, for a nice Italian lunch and a short shopping venture around Grafton street this afternoon. I really enjoyed her company and was glad that she suggested meeting up. I'm going to try to be the friend she craves for, as she just moved to Ireland (from England) with her boyfriend about 6 months ago. And besides, all girls needs girlfriends. Tatum is a sweetheart and a very caring person. I will also try to be the friend that everyone else who invests time to be with me wants.

2. I was sitting on the couch this evening reading a couple articles that my mom sent me and the sun was shining in through the big, glass windows. The warm rays covered my legs through my jeans. I felt like a dog stretched out in the sun (well, my little dog used to do that...). It was a really nice feeling to suddenly be aware of this warmth.

3. One of my best friends, and superb graphic designer (set to graduate this spring!), Angelica, sent me an email with a unique artwork design that she did for her graphic design class. She used me and her dog as subjects, and she titled it: "Dorothy Dreaming of Oz". I was thrilled to see it, and honored that she used me as a subject! Take a look (you can click on the image to enlarge it):


1 comment: