Thursday, May 15, 2008

The Magic of Whiteness

Tonight I went to a couple new places with my co-workers to celebrate two girls' birthdays (although, more than anything, it was just an excuse for everyone to go out drinking I think). But, I had a nice walk over to the first pub with one of my co-workers (thanks, Dave) and the pub was really nice (most pubs over here are unique, and I think this is one I'd go to again).

The pub was next to a canal, and seemed to allow people to cross the side street and stand by the canal with their drinks (which was nice because the sun was shining). Also, a lovely swan came swimming along the canal (it's amazing how white and elloquent-looking these animals are). Then, it decided to get out of the water (it lost all graciousness by doing so!) and waddle past a large scared dog (who was trying to muster all the confidence he had to try and act like he wanted to attack the swan -- but when the swan started hissing, the dog quickly retreated). Shortly thereafter, the swan waddled into the middle of the busy road (not the side street)! I'm not sure if it got safely back into the canal or not, but I'd imagine so, one of the security gaurds followed it and helped direct traffic around it. It was entertaining anyway, it's not everyday that you see something like this.

No comments: