Monday, May 5, 2008

A Perfect Mix for a Weekend

I wasn't around to mention three things that made me happy yesterday, so I'll just combine yesterday's and today's.

1. Yesterday, I met Sonja at her new apartment. We had pizza and salad for dinner (her treat, she wouldn't let me contribute which was so sweet of her). We also made the pumpkin pie that my parents had brought over from America to her (you can't buy it here in Ireland). She's got great flatmates too (a Polish couple who are really funny), who hung out with us after dinner. The whole night was full of fun and all of us had a really good time. I ended up spending the night at her place last night (I went off my whole "I don't drink anymore" philosophy for the night and had some glasses of wine and some sex on the beach, so by that time, the buses weren't operating anymore). Needless to say, last night I slept quite soundly. After breakfast this morning, Sonja and I were standing by the living room window and had a nice chat just starring out into the distance. I'm really glad to have her in my life.

2. Dave sent me a text this morning to check up and see if I was okay (I had texted him last night to find out something and I also told him all that I had had to drink...). It made me smile to know that someone was looking out for me. I also get a laugh each time I read a text from last night that he sent me.

3. I met my friend Prakash for a movie and a quick bite to eat today and had a nice time.

I can't believe how quickly this weekend went by, yet I'm so glad everything went as it did. I had plans every day from Friday to Monday, and it was really great. I even managed to get my washing done in between it all. It was the perfect mix of relaxing and fun times!

No comments: