Saturday, April 26, 2008

Unexpected Pleasant Events

My three happy entries for today:

1. I received an unexpected phone call this morning from one of my best friends back home in America. So, even though I was woken from my sleep, it was worth it to get to hear from her and have a nice, long, long chat.

2. Today was a lovely overcast day (no rain) with the absolute perfect temperature (not hot, and no sun, but you can get away with a t-shirt and jeans), my favorite weather!! I was going to put off walking to Tesco to get food, but I decided that the day was too nice not to take a little walk.

3. Every time I go into the local Spar store (convenience store), I usually always see the same security guard. Today, he came over and had a nice quick chat with me (which felt kind of nice to know that I have a friendly face that invites strangers to strike up a conversation with me). I found out that he's from Mauritius, a long ways from home for him! I read up on the island when I got home and it looks really beautiful, maybe one day I'll make it there!

1 comment:

Deni J. said...

Welcome back to blogging! I missed your writing - and wondered what you were up to. I try to check once a week or so to see what is new in your world. Keep smiling!

Deni